To create a new Web site in IIS on Server or local machine, follow these steps:
(You must have IIS installed on the computer system, you must be logged in as a user with administrative privileges, and you must have ASP.NET installed in the local server)
- Log on to the local/server computer as an administrator.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Internet Services Manager.
- Click Action, point to New, and then click Web Site.
- After the Web Site Creation Wizard starts, click Next.
- Type a description for the Web site. This description is used internally to identify the Web site in Internet Services Manager only.
- Select the IP address to use for the site. If you select All (unassigned), the Web site is accessible on all interfaces and all configured IP addresses.
- Type the TCP port number to publish the site on.
- Type the Host Header name (the real name that is used to access this site).
- Click Next.
- Either type the path to the folder that is holding the Web site documents or Browse to select the folder, and then click Next.
- Select the access permissions for the Web site, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Posted On: 15-Feb-2016 22:42