SQL is a standard language for accessing and manipulating relational databases RDBMS (Relational Database Management System).
SQL stands for Structured Query Language and SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard.
What Can SQL do?
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert records in a database
- SQL can update records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can create new databases
- SQL can create new tables in a database
- SQL can create stored procedures in a database
- SQL can create views in a database
- SQL can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System.For example MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft Access are RDBMS.
The data in RDBMS is stored in database objects called tables.
The standard SQL commands are "Select", "Insert", "Update", "Delete", "Create", and "Drop" .