Also known as OST, Offline Storage Table file is a storage file in Microsoft Outlook. Even if the Outlook is not connected to Exchange Server or offline, you can still work on it with OST file. Once it is connected to the Exchange Server again, all the changes made by the user to Outlook OST file get synchronized automatically with Exchange Server. OST files are basically duplicate copy of mailbox stored on Microsoft Exchange Server and stored in the hard drive of your computer. Any damage to the Exchange Server doesn’t affect the files stored on your hard disk.
But it is likely to show some error messages at some point, while synchronizing the Offline Storage Table (OST) to Outlook. At some point, you might also find that some of the files are either missing or deleted from OST files. It happens mostly because of OST corruption or certain mistakes by us. If OST file seems to be corrupt, MS Outlook provides official Integrity Check tool, scanost.exe to fix all your OST files.
Fixing with Scanost.Exe – Integrity Check Tool
Scanost.exe is an OST Integrity Check tool and a built-in repair tool that can repair and diagnose OST file. The tool scans both your mailbox file and OST file that is running on Exchange Server. It compares both your folders and items in each of the files and tries to fix synchronization issues between them. You have to be connected to the server to use this tool.
Steps to Fix Errors with Scanost.exe
- Before you start your repair process, close MS Outlook
- Double click on Scanost.exe. By default, it is located at C:\Program Files\MS Office\Office12.
- In case of having multiple accounts in MS Outlook, the tool will ask you to choose OST file that should be repaired.
- Click Connect, if it asks to Work Offline or Connect
- Choose any option as per your need
- Select “Repair Errors” to resolve errors automatically while scanning OST data
- Click “Start Scan”
In case scanost.exe is not able to repair your corrupt Offline Storage Table (OST) file, there is no need to worry! You can fix the error with the help of Regain OST to PST Converter Tool. It is a professional tool to fix the corruption in OST file because of any reason. The best part of this software is that it can recover all the lost or deleted files in MS Outlook after repairing OST file, such as Attachments, Emails, Notes, Meeting Requests, Journals, etc. from OST file. This tool scans all the corrupt OST files, copy the content to new files and resolves issues, and keeps its original structure intact.
Regain OST to PST Converter - Features
- Even large OST files are converted into accessible Outlook PST files
- Keeps OST data formatting and data hierarchy intact upon conversion
- Recover all folders like emails, calendar events, contacts, tasks, notes, drafts etc
- Show preview of Converted Emails in Free Version
- Save 20 emails per mailbox at Free of cost
- Converts OST files into PST, MSG and EML formats
- Supports Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 2002, 98 and 97
This program is intuitive and designed well. Even a non-technical user can handle this program. After exporting the whole data from OST to PST, you can get the file without any data loss. All the folders and files will be aligned while keeping hierarchy intact.
Refer to this blog post to know more about how to Fix Corrupt Offline OST Files using Scanost.exe
and how to use it - https://vikashkaushikguide.wordpress.com/2017/04/05/how-to-fix-corrupt-offline-ost-files-using-scanost-exe/
Total Answered: 0
Total Marked As Answer: 0
Posted On: 13-Oct-2017 22:02